Director of Recruiting
Job ID: 1035
Our client is a publicly traded company, headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and Houston, Texas with operations across North America and in the United Kingdom that serves 2 million customers with approximately $4B in revenue. Our client's business involves the sale of natural gas and/or electricity supply to residential and commercial customers under long-term-fixed-price, price-protected or variable-priced contracts and green energy products.
Our client has aligned itself with strategic partners to bring the best possible solar energy solution to the marketplace. Combining the firm's retail competencies and 1.6 million residential customer base, with the industry experience of their strategic partners, they form a leading team in solar engineering, design, and customer service. We form communities, we share resources, and we all live under the same sun. This is our home, and we have to protect it. Every person on the planet should have the freedom to choose sustainable power and take control of their future.
The Director/Manager of Recruiting will be responsible for building and leading a recruitment team in a fast-growing organization. The Director/Manager of Recruiting will lead a team focused on getting and driving all direct sales recruiting needs for the sales organization. He/she will be responsible for leading the design, development and administration of end-to-end recruiting practices, including preparation and execution of innovative, cost effective sourcing and recruiting strategies to meet the sales organization’s talent objectives. This position will be responsible for overseeing all infrastructure, systems, processes and the overall strategy for building a world-class team.
The Director/Manager of Recruiting is responsible for leading all day-to-day direct sales recruiting for a geographically dispersed organization. He/she will provide thought leadership and consultative support through the development and management of recruiting programs and processes that address strategic business needs. This position will lead and set strategic direction on all elements of recruitment operations and driving of streamlined processes for the US and Canadian direct sales team with a keen focus on reporting and analytics as well as compliance.
The Director/Manager of Recruiting is a talent guru. He/she is intimately part of the direct sales recruiting world, keeping a finger on the pulse with ideas and connections for sales recruiting in particular. He/she knows how to make others successful, giving others the win and supporting everyone – the candidates, hiring managers and the direct sales recruiting team. The successful candidate is a proactive problem-solver, thinking strategically, finding opportunities to make things better and prioritizing well.
- Determining best-in-class recruiting strategies and managing high-volume hiring practices.
- Developing and implementing innovative recruiting processes and techniques, determining their effectiveness in supplementing recruiting efforts and tracking their success.
- The Director of Recruiting must be an expert in recruiting direct sales people and understanding the challenges of hiring, keeping and retaining sales talent in the U.S. and Canada.
- He/she must be hands on with the team to lead, evaluate, consult and lead all sales recruiting strategies and initiatives.
- Establishing programs for candidate assessment and evaluation with quantifiable results.
- Leveraging our client and employer/employee value proposition; elevating the brand and creating excitement for our client as a best place to work.
- Adapting and leveraging social media to drive recruitment, making best use of social media that aligns with the need and culture of the firm, while continuously elevating their image.
- Elevating skills and effectiveness in all levels of sales leadership to source, screen and hire the right talent.
- Showing accountability by building and reporting on measures and outcomes for continuous improvement in recruitment processes, hiring decisions and quality of hire.
- Positioning recruitment to provide positive candidate experiences and a sustainable pipeline of talent for direct sales positions.
- The Director of Recruiting will also help in leading to create policies as well as recruitment and self-training materials.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures and regulations relating to job duties.
- Performing other duties as assigned by senior management.
- Supporting a geographically dispersed recruiting team in the development and implementation of local recruiting change plans and strategies.
- Adjusting recruiting strategies to align to changing business needs and ongoing cultural transformation.
- Managing the recruitment reporting process – compile recruiting metrics, interpret data trends, areas of strength and areas of opportunity.
- Correlating hiring plans with workforce plans to ensure hiring needs are met with quality hires in a timely and cost effective manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in all aspects of recruiting strategy creation with outstanding organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success in a multi-location organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in areas of staffing functions with particular emphasis on high-volume recruitment, recruitment technology, market research capabilities, staff development and performance management.
- Proven ability to develop innovative and effective long-term plans and programs to lead and coach field-recruiting teams in both strategy and tactics.