Owner's Representative (Project Mgr)
Job ID: 1038
The Owner's Rep (Project Mgr) will, in coordination and cooperation with the plant’s operator, oversee environmental and regulatory compliance, perform technical evaluations of plant improvements, capital spares, spare parts and capital projects, assist with the technical evaluation of plant variables to lower operating costs, assist and/or lead the implementation of capital improvements within the plant, develop and evaluate solutions to improve operating performance and assist the entire team in achieving superior business results.
- Project Management – responsible from inception to completion of projects across a wide discipline base.
- Contract Management – assist with managing the contractual responsibilities for project contracts including the Plant O&M Agreement, Project Management Agreement, Participation Agreement and other agreements as assigned.
- Environmental Compliance – responsible for compliance with all of the requirements of the TCEQ and EPA related to the ownership and operation of the plant; serve as the Authorized Representative for the plant; and oversee the operator’s environmental compliance person and work with the environmental person as needed to ensure full compliance.
- Regulatory Compliance – responsible for compliance with all of the requirements of FERC, NERC, TRE, ONCOR, and OSHA related to the ownership and operation of the plant.
- Technical Evaluations – support the technical evaluation of capital additions, capital improvements, critical spares, spare parts and the research of plant issues and work with the operator to identify and implement solutions.
- Special Projects – lead the site survey (when required), support of the reliability centered maintenance program (including the maintenance management system and Maximo) and other projects as assigned.
- Task Forces - participate in task force committees’ meetings related to accounting, environmental, dispatch & scheduling, fuel supply & transportation, operations & maintenance and regulatory compliance.
- Meetings - participate in the preparation, presentation and/or attendance, as required, in the monthly meetings with the operator, owners and Management Committee.
- Analyze monthly, quarterly and annual O&M information in support of the plant.
- Oversee and/or manage the systems and processes to track, measure, and report O&M results.
- Assist in the development of annual and long-range budgets, capital projects, capital spares and spare parts, maintenance plans and related items.
- Provide assistance to the Project Director and staff to meet the contractual obligations under the various agreements.
- Prepare, review, solicit and evaluate, as required, proposals in support of capital projects and related items within the plant.
- Responsible for directing contractual negotiations and assisting/participating in the negotiations as may be necessary in support of the plant.
- Engage consultants and/or corporate resources as necessary to assist in the development and execution of the projects to be undertaken.
- Responsible for developing policies and procedures for all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for contributing to the project’s strategic growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mechanical preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering and power plant experience (preferred).
- Experience with environmental and regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Experience with Maximo preferred, but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to effectively interface and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve positive results.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.