Power Trader/Asset Manager
Job ID: 1042
The Power Trader will buy and sell power on a short-term basis focusing on the California market. You will be expected to develop trade ideas and execute trades independently and in conjunction with the commercial management team. You will have a daily responsibility to create and validate trading algorithms and bid files for Day Ahead and Real Time Energy markets. Also, will develop strategies to maximize revenue between the energy and ancillary (RA) markets. In addition, will also be responsible for analyzing daily Power flow models and completing risk management analysis. In addition, the hired candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Providing hands-on subject matter expertise in the California energy and ancillary markets
- Assume leadership role in developing and executing market strategies
- Structuring innovative energy transactions, offers
- Supporting the company’s energy marketing/contracting, trading, risk management, and analytical functions
- Well-rounded energy trader with at a minimum of three (3) years of experience in energy trading with a focus on the California market.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree desirable.
- Independent, self-driven, and innovative individual with clear focus on results and clear abilities to adapt to changing environment and navigate complex issues
- Hands-on knowledge of the functioning of the California electric industry and wholesale energy markets as well as the ISO business functions (capacity, energy and ancillaries pricing, bids/offers, risk management, settlement, and reporting)
- Strong/effective leadership and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced computer and data management/analysis skills with demonstrated Excel capabilities
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills preferred